There are options for everyone as 2014/2015 is starting to go friendly on travelers. With a rich selection of budget travel destinations, all you need do is pack, pay and get started on an adventure than saves you money.
1. Turkey – Southwest Turkey is the budget-friendly place to be where you can check out the Mediterranean in all its glory. Pamphylia is a superb tourist destination. The Riviera is so beautiful it rivals the French version. From amazing Roman ruins that still stand to this day and the deliciously cheap döner kebabs, you can have the time of your life thanks to reasonably priced rooms and affordable sights.
2. Vietnam – It wasn’t always a friendly city but Vietnam has recently become one of the Southeast Asia trail stops. A good example is the affordability of lodgings. For £3.50 a night you can stay in a good hotel in the country’s largest city, Ho Chi Minh. At 60p, enjoy some yummy phở, savor the unforgettable chicken and don’t miss out on the beef noodle soup. Even a pint of local beer will set you back only 30p. At the rate of pennies, you’re practically enjoying some of the best things that Vietnam has to offer.
3. The Gambia – This is the smallest country in mainland Africa but the money-saving potential is huge. For 50p, you can enjoy time in the River National Park, catch sight of chimpanzees and baboons, and explore the dreamy natural landscape. If trekking through a national park isn’t your kind of thing, laze on the Sanyang Beach where the accomodations are so cheap you’ll think Africa’s Sun burned away the zeroes.
4. India – Travelers and backpackers alike adore this nation known for one of the richest histories, food and culture in the world. Not all cities in India are cheap but some like Goa are an affordable travel-investment. Check out the Anjuna flea market, enjoy some kite surfing and swim with turtles. The nightlife and beach scene are unmatched in most locations in India. For £4 a day, you can do this and more. The food, accomodations, cocktails, landscapes, people and modern recreation are only a handful of the things Goa has to offer for budget-conscious vacationers.
5. Latvia – Riga is a major tourist hotspot in Latvia. Its architectural marvels and modern nighlife bring outstanding balance to this European city. You can’t miss out on a husky dog sled adventure or leave without shopping at the Riga Central Market. Not including airfare, your whole trip can end up costing you only £50.
6. Hungary – The city of note in this magnificent country is Budapest. Not only is it gorgeous and attracts hundreds of tourists every year, it’s nightlife, lush parks and medieval castles make for an incredible trip. Even though it’s the capital city of Hungary, you can make lasting memories at only £25 a day.
7. Bulgaria – Another European beauty, this city by the Black Sea has exquisite landscape views, lip-smacking food, cheap but superb drinks and affordable accommodation.